Awards and honours
- Columnist of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2017
- Editor of the Year (Business), Publishers Australia Excellence Awards 2014
- Australian Press Council Prize, University of Sydney, 2010
Digital Editor, Australian Money Channel, Sydney, Australia (July 2018-April 2019)
- Your Money is a 24/7 Foxtel and free-to-air TV channel formed as a joint venture between Nine Entertainment Co and News Corp Australia.Founding Editor of YourMoney.com.au, multimedia content platform covering business, realestate, wealth and lifestyle. Regular on-air contributor to TV programs Trading Day, TICKY and Your Money Live.
Managing Editor, Wealth & Innovation, Momentum Media Group, North Sydney, Australia (November 2016 – July 2018)
- Editorial leadership across business media titles ifa, InvestorDaily, Fintech Business, Adviser Innovation and Risk Adviser. Content strategist and MC for associated events. Host of two podcasts.
Senior Account Executive, Leverage PR, Austin, TX, USA (January – November 2016)
- Strategic communications and media relations advisor to corporate firms and startups, with a focus on clients in fintech, crowdfunding, investment and trading, venture capital and lobbying/regulatory advocacy.
Contributing Editor, Momentum Media Group, North Sydney, Australia (July 2015 – December 2016)
- Columnist, editorial consultant and US correspondent across Sterling Publishing’s B2B media titles writing for an audience of legal, financial services and property professionals in Australia.
Editor, Sterling Publishing, North Sydney, Australia (September 2013 – June 2015)
- Editor of leading Australian B2B titles InvestorDaily, Risk Adviser and IFA Magazine, managing a team of business journalists covering news relating to the Australian wealth and investment management sectors, including government regulation and public policy, mergers & acquisitions/corporate strategy and developments in financial markets.
- Served as Acting Editor of The Adviser Magazine and Mortgage Business, May to June 2015.
Senior Journalist, Sterling Publishing, North Sydney, Australia (December 2012 – June 2015)
- Writing news, features and analysis across Sterling Publishing’s range of financial and professional services and property market publications, including IFA, InvestorDaily, AccountantsDaily, SMSF Adviser, and Mortgage Business.
Staff Writer, Global Legal Group, London UK (January – October 2012)
- Full-time entry-level position on leading legal industry print publication Commercial Dispute Resolution magazine.
News & Current Affairs Intern, ABC Radio Illawarra, Wollongong NSW Australia (December 2009)
- Month-long internship with the news & current affairs desk at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s Wollongong bureau on the south coast of New South Wales.
Debating and Public Speaking Coach, St. Aloysius‘ College, Sydney NSW Australia (February 2006 – August 2010)
- Coached competitive secondary school debating, including facilitating seminars on current affairs and verbal communication skills and providing feedback to secondary school students
Work Experience, Network Ten News, Pyrmont NSW Australia (July 2003)
- Voluntary work experience placement assisting television news reporters with their daily tasks; attended press conferences including at the NSW Treasury; learned basic broadcast editing skills.
National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA), TV presenting
- Intensive workshops in TV presentation and scriptwriting, interviews and autocue. Instructed by actor and former ABC TV Play School host Benita Collings.
Leadership Institute, Arlington, Virginia, USA (2015)
- Training in political campaigns and communications, election law and fundraising.
Certificate in International Law, City University London (2012)
- Accredited coursework in public international law; topics covered include treaty law, law of the sea, human rights, statehood & sovereignty, international criminal law and conflict resolution.
Master of Media Practice, University of Sydney (2010)
- Postgraduate coursework in news writing and research, media and communications theory and political and corporate public relations. Degree awarded ‘with merit’ i.e. distinction average.
Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences, University of Sydney (2008)
- Undergraduate qualification from the School of Economics & Business. Completed a double major in government & international relations and philosophy and a minor in economics.
Higher School Certificate, St. Aloysius’ College, Milson’s Point NSW Australia (2005)
Ms Ticky Fullerton
Host and Executive Producer, Ticky, Australian Money Channel
Ph: 0439 595 689, email@example.com
Mr David Ash
Head of Digital, Australian Money Channel (July 2018 – April 2019)
Ph: 0424 308 404
Mr Phillip Tarrant
Managing Director, Momentum Media
Ph: 0405 420 423, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Gina Santucci,
Chief of Staff, Congressman Ted Poe (TX-02)
2412 Rayburn Building, Washington, DC USA 20515
Ph: +1 (202) 225-6565, email@example.com
Mr Ben Rigby,
Editor-in-Chief, Global Legal Group;
Trustee, Law Society of England & Wales
59 Tanner Street London UK SE1 3PL
Ph: +44 20 7397 7048, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Joy Schoffler,
Founder, Leverage PR;
Chief Strategy Officer, Casoro Capital;
9050 N. Capital of Texas Hwy, Bldg. 3, Suite 320
Austin, Texas USA 78759